In-house training provided by the Director of Health Investigations from the NI Ombudsman
July 28, 2012
Mrs Michaela McAleer, the Director of Health Investigations from the Office of the Ombudsman for Northern Ireland came to Gibraltar last week for an in-house training at the Gibraltar Public Services Ombudsman Office providing technical and practical information to the Ombudsman and his team. Our Office prepares in anticipation of being vested with jurisdiction over Health matters here in Gibraltar.
Mrs Michaela McAleer providing In-house training to part of our team
The areas explored included:
• Obtaining a Good Clinical Assessment - some good practice
• Working with a Clinical Assessor
• Standards and Guidelines
• Regulatory Bodies and Defence Organisations
• Clinical Negligence and the Ombudsman
• Developing a comeback procedure for challenges to Ombudsman decisions in clinical cases.